0:30 – Spooky Introductions
1:55 – What We’ve Been Playing: Civilization
9:30 – What We’ve Been Playing: Telltale and Batman
16:25 – What We’ve Been Playing: Fallout
20:50 – The Nintendo Switch, Part 1
26:30 – If Nintendo Went Third-Party…
33:45 – Pokémon GO
41:00 – The Nintendo Switch, Part 2
57:15 – Our Scariest Gaming Experiences, Part 1
1:24:10 – Until Dawn and Quick-Time Event Based Games
1:28:10 – Our Scariest Gaming Experiences, Part 2
Download Link: https://archive.org/details/avocadogamescast_ep10
Linkdump after the jump.
Spooky Introductions (0:30)
- Yes, you really can rent space at a light industrial building in Northern Singapore called Admirax. Merve doesn’t make this shit up. Admirax claims that’s not where her name comes from, but we all know she’s secretly employed by Ascendas-Singbridge. Spooky!
What We’ve Been Playing: Civilization (1:55)
- Steam store page for Sid Meier’s Civilization VI.
What We’ve Been Playing: Telltale and Batman (9:30)
- Steam store page for Batman – The Telltale Series.
- The characters in The Walking Dead that The Kappa was referring to were Carley and Doug. No matter what, they die by the end of the game. (Source: The Walking Dead Wiki on Wikia)
What We’ve Been Playing: Fallout (16:25)
- Steam store page for Fallout 4.
The Nintendo Switch, Part 1 (20:50)
- The Nintendo Switch reveal trailer. (Source: Nintendo on YouTube)
If Nintendo Went Third-Party… (26:30)
- To clarify, there are actually several Nintendo mobile applications, five of which are Pokémon-related. The only Nintendo-published one that is currently out is social messaging app Miitomo, but Super Mario Run is on the way this year. (Source: Nintendo Wiki on Wikia)
- Correction: Puzzles & Dragons isn’t a Nintendo property. It was a mobile game by GungHo Online Entertainment first before a Mario-themed spin-off was released for the 3DS. (Source: Wikipedia)
Pokémon GO (33:45)
- Official website for Pokémon GO.
- Clarification: The first person who “caught ‘em all” and the people who were selling their Pokémon GO accounts are different people. The first person who caught all 145 monsters currently available in the game was Nick Johnson, who did so while being sponsored by Expedia. He was not one of the people who was auctioning their Pokémon GO account for thousands of dollars on eBay. (Sources: Venture Beat and Telegraph)
The Nintendo Switch, Part 2 (41:00)
- Nintendo will provide details on the Switch on January 12th, 2017. (Source: The Verge)
- I couldn’t find any data on recent market share of handheld consoles, but the Nintendo 3DS has sold more than 4.5 times as many units as the PlayStation Vita in their lifetimes. (Source: Wikipedia)
- The bizarre “touch both sides for added enjoyment” ad for the PlayStation Vita. *facepalm* (Source: Boing Boing)
- Sea of Thieves gameplay footage from E3 2015. This doesn’t look like much fun. (Source: Xbox on YouTube)
- Sources have told Eurogamer that the Nintendo Switch has a 6.2’’ 720p multi-touch screen.
Our Scariest Gaming Experiences, Part 1 (57:15)
- Full playthrough of P.T. (Source: HarshlyCritical on YouTube)
- The introduction of the Flood in Halo: Combat Evolved. (Source: nightrale814 on YouTube)
- Prothean vision sequence from Mass Effect. (Source: Gavronen on YouTube)
- A couple of Skyrim spiders fighting each other. (Source: Ray Dhimitri on YouTube)
- You can download Red Amazon for free from Game Jolt.
- Steam store page for Firewatch.
- Steam store page for Gods Will Be Watching.
- The Dunwich Building in Fallout 4. (Source: Fallout Wiki on Wikia)
- The Ascended Sleepers and Slaughterfish from The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. (Source: The Elder Scrolls Wiki on Wikia)
Until Dawn and Quick-Time Event Based Games (1:24:10)
- Yes, Hayden Panettiere and Rami Malek are in Until Dawn. (Source: IMDB)
- Mixing alcohol and pills in Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy. (Source: Azimel on
Our Scariest Gaming Experiences, Part 2 (1:28:10)